A to Z Databases
Events and Webinars
Interlibrary Loan Request
Study Room Reservations
Conference Room Reservations
Access Online Resources
Career Placement & Tutoring
Frequently Asked Questions
Help & Research Guides
Paraphrase is a rewriting of a specific passage from someone else. It is written in your own words, without changing the original meaning or removing any information.
1. Read the passage several times to fully understand the meaning.
2. Take note of the key concepts.
3. Write your version of the text without looking at the original.
4. Compare your paraphrase text with the original one and if you find phrases too similar, make changes.
5. Cite the source of the text.